GUYS. I got nominated for the Liebster/Sunshine blog award TWICE.
This is going to be like that whole ‘tagging 22 bloggers‘ epic party all over again!
Let’s do this.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (thank you Edna and Mattie!!)
- Display your award
- Answer the questions you were asked
- Nominate 5 bloggers
- Ask 6 questions
- Let your nominees know they were nominated
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and proved a link back to their blog (again, thank you Edna and Mattie!)
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
Sunshine Questions From Edna:
1. What’s your least favorite book-to-film adaption?
Well, my eyes and brain have been blessed and I have never been scarred with watching a terrible book-to-film adaption. BUT, I’m hoping to watch Percy Jackson and Artemis Fowl sometime, even though I heard both are terrible. Still, I kinda want to…
2. What’s your longest-lasting hobby?
HMMM. Well, I’m proud to say that most all of my hobbies I consistently keep up with, so they’re all pretty longest lasting. I’d say the one I’ve been doing the longest, though, it writing!!
3. Do you prefer mountains or valleys?
I mean…mountains looks more picturesque to look at, but if I have to bike up a mountain I’m calling it quits and sticking to valleys.
4. If you were a fruit, what kind do you think you’d be and why?
I’d be DELICIOUS, that’s what I’d be.
5. What’s your favorite flower?
I enjoy admiring flowers from afar because they really brighten up the world, but honestly when you get too close there’s far too many bees for my liking.
^me running away from bees
So I don’t think I have favorite, but I like the smell and look of lilacs a lot.
Leibster Questions From Edna:
1. What is the strangest thing you’ve done in the early AMs?
Okay, for a bit there I was stumped because I thought ‘AMs’ was this super cool term people use now.
…Untilllll I realized that it just meant ‘at the time you’re supposed to be asleep’ and I was like “oohhhhh I get it now”.
Probably one of the strangest things I’ve done was manage to fall off my top bunk.
I don’t even remember how I did it because it was years ago, and because there are bars…and because the opening to climb down was where my feet were…but in any case, I managed to fall off.
2. If you had to act out an entire musical, of your choice, to save your life, which one would choose to do?
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL. I don’t know if Disney movies count as musicals, but I’d definitely think High School Musical does.
And by the way, I would do the original one. The one with Zac Efron.
3. What are your top three favorite words?
Well maybe that’s not my top favorite 3 words, but seriously that’s just what I happened to type out, so I guess we all know where my brain is right now.
3. What are your top three least favorite words?
4. What is the most obscure thing you’ve learned?
Well, first I was tempted to say that turtles breathe through their butts (kudos, Frozen 2), but I couldn’t find a gif so it wasn’t worth it *sniffs*
Here’s the next best thing, though:
Tip for fight scenes: If you get stabbed in the gut with a knife don’t take it out. It’s keep all the blood inside of your body. BUT, if you have a character stab an enemy with a knife, take it out. Not only do you get your weapon back, but guess what: it lets all the blood out.
5. What is the best thing you’ve read for required reading in school?
Probably The Bronze Bow. I thoroughly enjoyed Daniel’s character arc and I hope my school never takes that book off! Such fantastic themes that kids these days should start learning.
6. Have you ever started reading a book, and then couldn’t bring yourself to finish it? If so, what book was it, and why couldn’t you finish it?
*starts to get all sweaty and says in a way-too-high voice*
Whhhhahttttt ME? PAH-SAH, never!
Okay so MAYBEeeeee I’ve done that…a few times….
…and also kind of recently…
like, a few weeks ago recently?
So YES, I have done this. Either 1. because the book turned out to have stupid trash in it, 2. because it was written HORRIBLY, or 3. because it turned out to be a kids book and was way under my reading level.
I’m not going to list any specific books (both because it’s probably rude to the author and I put down a LOT of books these past few weeks), but I think the ones that I put down recently was just because they were too kid-ish for me.
7. What’s your opinion on puppets?
I feel like me and my sisters once put on a puppet show which I’m sure was fantastic, but overall I don’t really play/see puppets much, so I don’t have much of an opinion. Unless we’re talking about Muppets, in which case…I LOVE Muppets Christmas Carol. And everyone should watch it. Period.
8. Which do you enjoy more; sun rises or sun sets?
Well I’m usually asleep for both (kidding, kidding…sorta) but I have seen quite a few sun sets and they are GORGEOUS. Although sun rises are super gorgeous too…
Maybe I can’t decide *evil laughing heard from afar*
9. What was your favorite book as a child?
*laughs so hard I cry and then I choke and die*
Thank you for thinking of me as I grown-up!
*everyone here reading this gives a huge eye-roll because they know I literally just cheated in #8s question as well as literally every tag I do*
But yeah, I’m still only 14. BUT, at some point, I was actually even tinier than I am now, (total shocker, I know) and I definitely enjoyed a LOT of books as a younger kid.
I definitely loved Doctor Sues books, like Green Eggs and Ham. And Curious George, and, like, a million others (I’m not even kidding. We still have a LOT of the books I used to read).
What are you top three favorite books now?
Right now? Probably Fawkes by Nadine Brandes, the whole Five Kingdoms series by Brandon Mull, and book 5 of Keeper of the Lost Cities, Lodestar.
Have you guys had enough? We’ve just got to 1,080 words!
But wait, there’s MORE!
Sunshine Questions From Mattie:
1. What is your favorite soft drink?
Cherry Coke. Sadly, that is all the way in USA, and I live in Canada, so I only get it some every 5 or so years.
2. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?
Homemade popcorn with LOTS of butter and salt!
3. Roller Coaster, yay or nay?
And also, “WEEEEEEEEEEE”
4. What is your favorite national park?
The park…nationally…in my neighborhood?
Uuuhm, other than the parks around me, probably one I’ve been to that’s ‘national’ is Fish Creek Park. None of you have probably ever heard of it, though.
5. Would you prefer to swim in a lake or a pond?
MAN, river, lake, and pond are like the words ‘to’ ‘too’ and ‘two’. Except I haven’t gotten them figured out yet.
HOLD ON WHILE I RESEARCH!
Okay! *rolls out long speech, puts on monocle, and says in a droning voice*: The difference between the two is that lakes are usually larger and deeper than ponds.
Sooo I would swim in a pond because it wouldn’t be deep enough for me to really drown in or anything like that.
Thank you, thank you! *yanks up speech and smashes monocle epicly on the ground*
6. Describe yourself in one word
and yeah those words don’t count, but hey they kind of describe me as well
7. Nuts in brownies, yay or nay?
Starting a debate here I see!
I’d have to say nay, though. I dunno, but personally I just enjoy sinking my teeth into a chocolaty, gooey brownie, without having to worry about striking a nut and having to messily crunch through it.
8. Favorite kind of food (meaning something like: Italian, Mexican, American, Chinese)
Not saying that everything they make is my favorite, but probably Mexican because that’s how I’ve been able to have Green Chile Chicken Stew and Sopapillas.
9. In-store or online shopping?
Probably in-store. When I’m online I can browse around all selections and do it at my own pace, which is great, but in-store I can go with friends and try on ridiculously expensive clothes. That’s something I can’t do when I’m online-shopping.
10. What is your favorite song?
I have FAR too many, but I love the artist ‘Really Slow Motion’. It’s wordless, epic music that is just SO PERFECT for writing, or even school as well.
11. Who is your faovirte musical artist?
Really Slow Motion
Liebster Questions From Mattie:
1. Rain or shine?
I know some people love rain, but it’s tough for me to find it non-depressing.
2. Right or left hand?
I use my right hand, although I’m always been interested in being ambidextrous, especially after I trained myself to be ambidextrous playing soccer, but if I’m gunna be honest, I quite like both my hands.
3. What is your favorite bird?
Eagles are super cool!
Or maybe hippogriffs, because they’re part eagle…
4. If you were to start a business, what kind would it be?
It would be to sell merchandise based off of my book!!
5. What is something you started, but never finished?
Besides those books we were…uh…mentioning from earlier?
Besides that, the first thing that came to mind was my book. I’ve started and finished it once, but currently I’ve re-started it and have not finished it yet.
ANYWHO, nominating time!
- Julia @ Julia’s Creative Corner
- Mary @ Middle Mary
- Thomas @ The Wandering Dreamer
- Penny @ Jane Austen’s Lightsaber
- Anjali @ Positive Side of the Coin
- Amelie @ Swordmaiden of the King
- Ari @ Ari D Original
- Sheree @ View From the Back
- Maya @ Maya Joelle
- Allison @ A Pocket Full of Sunshine
- Jasmine @ The Writer of Letters
- YOU at your blog!
I know, I’m a cheater, there’s not supposed to be 12 people
Sorry if you’ve already done this tag! It was SO hard to find people who haven’t (
- Is a hotdog a sandwich?
yes, this is obviously important
- What movie would be so much better if it was made into a musical and why?
- What would be the creepiest thing you could say while passing a stranger on the street?
- If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them?
- Would you rather be a hobbit or an elf for 24 hours?
- Off the top of your head-the first thing you think of-name an obscure fact you know.
- What’s the craziest/weirdest thing you’ve ever done?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What mythical creature would improve the world the most if it existed?
- What’s something you would not want to share?
- If you had a pet parrot, what would you teach it to say?
- If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
- What animal would you choose to be your sidekick if you were in a movie?
- What was your dream job when you were younger?
- What’s the weirdest/stupidest way you’ve ever managed to hurt yourself?
- Can you think of a movie title that best explain your life right now?
And that’s it! WE’RE DONE.
I feel like I *coughed* a lot in this post. Never fear, I am not sick! Probably just a lot of really awkward things happened in this post…
Betcha guys didn’t read the whole thing hehehe. It’s so much work when you have to read and edit this whole 2,000 worded mess (aka sorry that the post came out later than usual! I hope to be back to tips for writers next week-lots of cool information coming up!).
Like these posts? Wanna have more? Subscribe to my email list to receive inside info and lots of fun!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment down below.
Thanks for reading!